giovedì 5 maggio 2011

What is truth?

Photo by FABRIZIO FERRI http://www.fabrizioferri.com/







"Truth is an insightful journey into the heart and soul of the subject" (Fabrizio Ferri)









I'm looking at the web-site of this amazing and famous photographer...Every time I find really interesting to read the bio/about-me cause I always find some new sentence that could inspire me.
The Ferri bio starts with the words above and than he explain that in his photos he try to put the heart of the subject but with a style that rapresent the artist. It's more or less a month that I had have the chance to be photographed by Sara Lando and happens a thing that has happend also the last sunday when I went out with a friend of mine photographer...both of them told me something that "wake me up" . After some time talking they both told me something about my posing and the sentiment connected with this act...and then, smiling, they both told me "I'm a photographer while I'm talking with you I'm looking at your image, best side, skin, posture..."
I think I have to improve about this analyzing thing...
The photographer has to be a good observer and in the 5 minute before the shooting where he try to let you feel comfortamble he is also looking at all the aspect of the photo trying to improve the result, costumizing the situation on you but putting his own mood, style.
I don't know if it could be define as "the truth" but I think that it's a great and professional way to work with other people and it lets you learn something new and nice every time...
I have to try and improve my skills...

And I wanna use this ability also in "normal life"...cause it's always amazing a "journey into the heart and soul" of everyone...it's a challange that always  leave you with something more...

Nessun commento: